This event has passed. Watch a recording or see below.
Historically, as the St Louis economy grows, benefits are not equally, nor equitably, distributed. As we look to rebuilding our economy from COVID-19 devastation, now is the time to consider how St. Louis can change to become a model for a truly inclusive economy that benefits everyone.
The event will explore what inclusive growth is and opportunities to create a more inclusive economy in St. Louis. Local experts will discuss current challenges in the areas of housing and neighborhoods, education and workforce, training and leadership, and financial security, and a panel of community members will discuss their vision for more equitable inclusion.
Breakout Dialogue Recordings:
- Housing & Neighborhoods (video)
- Household Financial Security (video)
- Training & Leadership (video)
- Education & Workforce (video)
- Mastercard Center For Inclusive Growth (Inclusive Growth Score )
- The interactive Inclusive Growth Scorecard demonstrated by Arturo Franco during the event is available here.
- Toni Cousins (presentation)
- Lisa Potts (presentation)
- Tony Neal (presentation)
Save the date:
Supporting Inclusive Households takes place on Dec. 10, 2020. Register now.
Building an Inclusive Economy Speakers
- Antionette (Toni) Cousins, Community Outreach Manager, Missouri Housing Development Commission
- Arturo Franco, Vice President of Data and Insights, Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth
- Daffney Moore, Chief Opportunity Zone Officer, St. Louis Development Corporation
- Dana Lorberg, Executive Vice President of Operations and Technology Product, Mastercard
- Darryl Grimes, Interim CEO, Better Family Life
- Julia Allen, Co-founder and Co-Chair, 4theVille
- Keaira Anderson, MSW, Wife, Black Mom, Neighbor, and Licensed MO Real Estate Broker
- Lisa Potts, Financial Services Professional, People’s Community Action Corporation & Financial Empowerment Coalition member
- Maranda Witherspoon Richardson, CEO/Principal, MWR Coaching and Consulting
- Marla Blow, Vice President of Social Impact in North America, Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth
- Michal Grinstein-Weiss, Director, Social Policy Institute at Washington University in St. Louis
- Sheri Flanigan-Vazquez, COO, JustinePETERSEN
- Sundy Whiteside, President of SLACO board, Co-Founder and Current Co-Chair of the St. Louis Vacancy Collaborative
- Tony Neal, President/CEO of Educational Equity Consultants and Executive Director of the Center for Educational Equity
Breakout Room Facilitators
- Jackie Hutchinson, Executive Director, Consumers Council of Missouri
- Kristy Klein Davis, Chief Strategy Officer, Missouri Foundation for Health
- Megan Betts, Co-Founder of Northside Neighbors United & Neighborhood Leadership Fellow
- Pamela Chan, Associate Director, Social Policy Institute
About Inclusive Growth In St. Louis Events
This 6-part event series, Inclusive Growth in St. Louis, will investigate who is left out of St. Louis’ economic growth benefits, the policies that have led to the unequal distribution of opportunities, and actionable recommendations to become a more inclusive economy.
The series is designed by an advisory committee comprised of local individuals that are passionate about building an inclusive community with equitable opportunities for all, and features community leaders as speakers. The series is made possible through a partnership with the Social Policy Institute at Washington University in St. Louis and Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth.