Connect with social sector colleagues around actionable tools for crafting a data strategy aligned with your mission and values.
About this event
Social sector organizations can increase their impact, both individually and collectively, by strategically engaging with data. At this event, participants identified specific tools and strategies for utilizing data in collaboration with community partners to advance shared priorities and promote equitable outcomes. This session provided multiple opportunities to assess where you are on your journey toward equitable data practice, reflect on where you would like to be, and identify tools for moving you toward your goals. No matter where you are starting, this event is for you!
Presenters helped you identify
- Your current capacity to utilize data to further your mission and increase your impact
- Your capacity to engage with data in a way that centers equity and builds mutual trust and benefit with clients, community and other stakeholders
- Organizational priorities for future growth in these areas
- Tools and resources to help you along the way
Download the slides from the event
- 1:00: Welcome and overview of DSI initiaitve
- 1:10: Mapping Your Data Journey
- Ginger Zielinskie, Chief Strategy Officer, data.org
- Resources: Data Maturity Assessment and resource library
- 1:40: Centering Equity and Community in your Data Strategy
- Bridget Blount, Chief Impact Officer, Baltimore’s Promise
- Resources: AISP Toolkit for Centering Racial Equity Through Data Integration
- 2:10: Social Sector Snapshot: Operation Food Search
- Carlton Adams, Chief Operations Officer
- Trina Ragain, Chief Innovation Officer
- 2:25: Q&A/Discussion
- 2:40: Closing Remarks
Chief Operations Officer
Operation Food Search
Chief Impact Officer
Chief Innovation Officer
Operation Food Search
Chief Strategy Officer
Join our next event!
Data-Informed, Equity-Driven: Cultivating a Collaborative Data Culture
Join us at 10 a.m. CT on May 4, 2022 to connect with social sector colleagues and learn tips and tools for cultivating a data culture that centers on collaboration and equity.
The Data for Social Impact initiative is a partnership between the Social Policy Institute at Washington University in St. Louis and the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth, in collaboration with an advisory committee, the St. Louis Regional Data Alliance, and data.org.