Data for Social Impact (DSI) is an initiative that builds data capacity and collaboration among St. Louis social sector organizations working to increase impact for and with the communities they serve.
As part of this initiative, the SPI is working to develop a set of free, accessible training and programming opportunities tailored to the priorities and needs of social sector organizations seeking to build capacity in these areas. These resources are being designed with community input through roundtables and informed by local experts from our advisory committee. The advisory committee is comprised of local and national experts in creating data-informed impact who are passionate about building local capacity for data within the St. Louis social sector.
The series is made possible through a partnership with the Social Policy Institute at Washington University in St. Louis and Mastercard’s Center for Inclusive Growth and in collaboration with the St. Louis Regional Data Alliance and Data.org.
- Ted Enamorado, Assistant Professor, Washington University in St. Louis
- Patrick Fowler, Associate Professor and Director, Public Health Sciences Ph.D. Program, Washington University in St. Louis
- Karishma Furtado, Director of Data and Research, Forward Through Ferguson; Urban Institute Equity Scholar
- Rayid Ghani, Distinguished Career Professor, Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University
- Ana Hernández Kent, Senior Researcher, St. Louis Federal Reserve
- Jillian Martin, Fulbright U.S. Scholar Ghana, West Africa University of Cape Coast Institute for Educational Planning and Administration
- Amen Ra Mashariki, Principal Scientist, AI Cities at NVIDIA
- Alvitta Ottley, Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engingeering, McKelvey School of Engineering at WashU
- Trina Ragain, Director of Policy and Innovation, Operation Food Search
- Allie Chang Ray, Consultant, Mutare Network
- Natalie Self, Vice President, Equitable Economic Impact, Cortex Innovation Community
- Esther Shin, President, Urban Strategies Inc
- Ginger Zielinskie, Chief Strategy Officer, data.org
- Dan Barker, Vice President, Research and Knowledge, Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth
- Dan Ferris, Assistant Dean for Policy Initiatives, Social Policy Institute
- Jenrose Fitzgerald, Program Coordinator, Social Policy Institute
- Chapin Flynn, SVP and Senior Data Advisor, Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth
- Michal Grinstein-Weiss, Director, Social Policy Institute
- Nisha Patel, Senior Fellow, Social Policy Institute
- Paul Sorenson, Interim Director, St. Louis Regional Data Alliance